Monday, April 7, 2008

Glory



I am aware that this is not a picture of a message, but I found it potentially interesting enough to post nonetheless. Feel free to disagree. Despite my confusion in Kentucky, I actually have no personal experience with the phenomenon of the so-called "glory hole," but my pseudoarchaeological education leads me to believe that I may have encountered the remains of one in this stall at mile 111 of Interstate 44 in Missouri. It is clear that a roundish hole in the wall has been patched with some sort of whitish putty (or some other organic or inorganic substance). This hole, in its heyday, could have served many purposes. It was most likely created by a fellow pseudoanthropologist to secretly observe the stall habits of the human male. Another possibility is that it functioned as a release valve if the stall was to fill with liquid beyond a designated level, like in a bathtub. A third option is the likelihood that men who suspected they suffered from STDs could be examined through the hole by a licensed medical professional in true anonymity, much like a Catholic confessional (minus all the tawdry sex).

Whether it was one or a combination of these functions that this mysterious hole provided during its era of operation we can only guess. But I hope my exploration of these possibilities has proven enlightening in some manner.

Now please excuse me, as I have to go stick my cock through a hole in a wall to get sucked off by some random dude.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this akin to the "herpes pop" of yore?