Monday, March 31, 2008

Housekeeping




With all the media attention this blog has been receiving, I'd like to clear a few things up that I neglected to mention in my original post. As a rule, I am not "searching" for messages, I am "finding" them.

Therefore:

1. This is not an exhaustive survey of every men's room stall in America.
2. I only stop at a rest area when my body indicates through certain familiar sensations that it is necessary or wise to do so.
3. If I find myself at a filling station or restaurant, and use the bathroom, I will of course examine the stall if I find myself consciously within one.
4. I do not presume to change existing messages or add my own (I will leave that to the experts).
5. In writing the accompanying text, I am, of course, as any great writer would, attempting to use every word in the English language, and to use each particular word only once. This has unfortunately been less successful than I had expected for reasons I can only begin to successfully contemplate, unfortunately. As no less a wordsmith than William Shakespeare put forward, "Redundancy is a rapscallion's knave, verily! Forsooth."

I couldn't have said it better myself. Literally. Which leads me to the next post...

No comments: